Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blogs/Sites I Love - 1

This post has been writing itself in my head for the longest time. Time to bring it out of there, for sure!

I remember the day I came across Mriganayani. I was pleasantly surprised by her writing style (it reminded me so much of how I write), her amazingly detailed step by step pictures, and most of all, the generous portion size of her dishes. I thought she must live in a huge, extended family. I wished I was part of that family.

Then I realised she lives in the US with her husband and daughter. Ok that's awkward. I can't fit in to their cosy family, that won't work. So I had to be content with visiting her website and ogling at the generous portions and the fresh vegetables and the awesome, sinful bakes.
Image from Mriganayani
Did I tell you the woman is also mildly crazy? She made a 12-layer cake for her blog's first anniversary. That's right, 12 layers. 1 - 2. I haven't even celebrated a blog birthday for my blog so imagine the complex my poor baby had when it saw how Mriganayani spoils hers! Boo.

Image from Mriganayani
She is also uber creative and patient. Check out the spooky witch fingers that came out during Halloween last year. Gross, yet so much fun!

Image from Mriganayani

Just when you feel you are on a sugar high with all that chocolate and butter in her blog, she makes a good (large), comforting bowl of garlic and baby onion vetha kuzhambu. I swear I was dreaming about that last picture of hers when I was away for 2 weeks in November with no access to Indian food.

Her site has many many more amazing dishes, most are funky, creative, and detailed. Did I mention she cooks large portions? That, my dear Anu, is what I love most about your blog. After all, you put 10 vegetables in your soup, how can anyone beat that?

PS: This is not a paid review. However, I do hope that with this, I have convinced her to rig the system and give me that book she is giving away as part of her 2nd anniversary. In case you haven't participated, do so now. Contest ends 22nd Dec.

PPS: Anu, my offer to marry you (a comment on the linked post) still stands. Consider this a woo-ing technique ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment