Saturday, May 1, 2010

Maggi Pazzta Masala Penne Review

I thought I should occasionally include reviews of new food products that I try. Sometimes, sharing a one-liner on Facebook or Twitter just doesn't do it for me.

So, the Indianized version of pasta - Maggi's Pazzta Masala Penne. I got this from Hypercity in the Inorbit Mall in Hyderabad. I grabbed one pack each of the Cheese Macaroni (which I am yet to try!) and the Masala Penne.



The verdict:

The package says "cook for 5 mins". This was obviously not enough. I mean, how many of us really cook the Maggi Noodles for just 2 mins? Me? Never. It always takes longer than that. So that's fine. I can wait 7-8 mins for a dish of pasta.

The Masala smell while cooking was very "Maggi". I love the flavours usually so it was good. The quantity of pasta was surprisingly little. It would probably feed a 10-year old. Or maybe not. Anyway, it was really really little. I would guess between TH and me, we would require 3 packets.


The first taste and owww! It was very very salty!! I know the masala that comes with Maggi Noodles is heavy in salt but this was ridiculously salty. Did anyone else have this same experience?

I am in no hurry to try the Cheese Macaroni yet. Will keep you guys posted!

Note: both images taken from the Maggi website.

No comments:

Post a Comment