Monday, May 10, 2010

Wooden Spoons - Dress Up Your Kitchen & Photos!

Sometimes you need to take a step back in life and appreciate the small things. Smallness that brings in joy and beauty - like wooden spoons do to a kitchen. I started using them mainly on my non-stick cookware but now I use them with pretty much any cookware. They are handy, easy to maintain and add a special touch to your food pictures.


Here's an example of that. Sala's gorgeous picture of her disposable wooden spoons, priced at 99cents (USD) for a pack of 6 from the World Market.



This pretty looking stack was sent by Mriganayani. Here's what she has to say about her collection. "No matter what kind of pan I use, I always use wooden spoons for cooking and stirring and scraping. I bought some of these from the shops in Guruvayoor temple when I visited there last time. The container that holds these is actually a wooden pickle jadi with a cover. But, I love to use this as a wooden spoon holder! They stay on my counter and look pretty. Each of these wooden spoons cost about Rs. 15  each. And the base was about Rs.600".




Here's a picture from my archives of Tomato Spinach Pulao featuring the coconut shell bowl and fork (the spoon is missing in the pic) that I bought for about Rs. 50 a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment